Superior Electric Heaters
Watlow MI Band Heater
The Watlow MI Band Heater is a high performance heater. Its performance and name are derived from Watlow’s exclusive mineral insulation—a material that has much higher thermal conductivity than the mica and hard ceramic insulators used in conventional heaters.
Most heaters tend to absorb moisture during the off cycle, which causes unnecessary tripping of Ground Fault Indicators (GFIs). Watlow has solved this problem by designing and engineering a new style of high performance MI Bands with a moisture resistant construction called MIE (MI Euronorm).
How It Works (Diagram)
Key Features & Benefits
- High thermal conductivity of MI and low mass construction provides rapid response to temperature control and avoids thermal lag.
- Operating temperatures up to 1400°F (760°C) allows safe melting of resins such as PEEK™, Teflon®, Ultem® and Zytel®.
- Higher watt densities contribute to faster heat-up and throughput for increased productivity.
- Stainless steel cover and side fold design resists contamination from overflow of plastic or other free-flowing materials.
- Attached clamp bars eliminates cumbersome clamping straps, making installation easier
- Blown film dies
- Injection molding machines
- Other cylinder heating applications