- If heaters are dual voltage, check wiring to ensure that heater valves are wired in series for higher voltage installation.
- Check incoming voltage for over voltage condition.
- Since most heaters transfer through conduction, it is essential that heaters fit tightly to the machine barrel. Check installation instructions to ensure that heaters are clamped to torque values indicated. Check out the Torque Chart below.
- Ensure that dirt and grit are removed prior to installation. Any foreign matter under the heater will interfere with proper heat conduction.
- Review application and clamping graphs to ensure heater watt density is not excessive.