Starflex Band Heaters
Glenn Starflex Band Heaters are designed for use in barrel heating of extrusion and injection molding machinery, blown film dies and other cylindrical surfaces. Their configuration can be for full 360 Deg coverage or any degree of partial wrap. Internal bands to heat from the inside-out are also available.
Some applications require both heating and cooling. With the advent of exothermic materials and heat generated by screw rotation, the proven GLENN Starflex Band Heater was adapted to provide both heating and cooling functions. Cooling tubes are placed in proximity to the heating elements to produce the GLENN Starflex Heat/Cool Band. Due to its low mass, it can be cooled relatively quickly. GLENN also manufactures Cool Only Bands in a configuration similar to the Heat/Cool Band. It should be noted copper cooling tubes may be used for operating temperatures up to 350°F but temperatures above 350 Deg F require the use of our stainless steel cooling tubes.
Installation of these bands is easily performed by opening the band, placing it around the cylinder and tightening a single screw. Large diameter bands are furnished with multiple clamping assemblies and multiple segments for grasping the surface.
- Volts: 120, 240 and 480
- Watts: 300 to 5800 standard
- Widths: 3/4", 1-1/2", 2-1/2", 3" and 4"
- Inside Diameters: 4" through 90" in increments of 1/4"
Special Diameters and ratings to order.
Additional Features Available for the Starflex Band Products
- Individual terminal boxes for 3/4", 1-1/2", 2-1/2", 3", and 4" bands.
- MA connectors
- Type M leads (flexible metal hose) BX - includes terminal box.
- Partial wrap bands (less than 360 degrees)
- Internal bands (for heating inside diameter)
- TL - Twist-lock plug terminals (2 per band)
- Thermocouple holes (3/8" hole on 1-1/2" wide, 1/2" hole on 2-1/2", 3", and 4" wide)
- Starflex strip heaters up to 15 feet long
ProductsHeaters Sensors Temp. Controls Controls & Relays Heat Trace Cold Weather Wire Accessories Insulation Pressure Relief Slide Products
ServicesCredit Application Order Tracking Delivery Programs Stocking Programs R.M.A. Request Catalog Request Custom Quick
CompanyAbout Testimonials Legal & Copyright Blog
SupportContact Account Managers FAQ Technical Information Instructional Videos Helpful Links Downloads Line Card
Popular ProductsChromalox Heaters Watlow Heaters Watlow EZ-ZONE® Watlow F4T
Proheat is an authorized distributor of Chromalox and Watlow heater products.
© 2021 Proheat, Inc.