Ogden MI Band Heaters
The advanced design and thin profile allow the quick transfer of heat from the element to the sheath for efficient operation to 1400 F sheath temperature. Watt densities as high as 200 watts per square inch on small diameters and 100 watts per square inch on larger diameters are possible. The Mighty-Tuff can stand up to shock, vibration and many contaminants long after standard band heaters have failed. In normal use, or in the most difficult application, the Mighty-Tuff will improve machine productivity by improving band heater performance.
- Stainless Steel Sheath to resist oxidation
- Capable of operating up to 1400 F Sheath Temperature
- Highest possible application temperatures
- Over 200 watts per square inch capacity
- Thin profile (3/16") for rapid response
Mighty-Tuff with Insulated Shroud
Mighty-Tuff Band Heaters are available with an insulated shroud. Similar in effect to Ceramic Band Heaters, heat losses to the environment are greatly reduced. However, because of the thin profile and compressed design, the Mighty-Tuff transfers heat to the cylinder rapidly. The Insulated Mighty-Tuff is also much less susceptible to the problem of contamination than a Ceramic Band Heater. Consult Proheat or information and designs based upon a specific requirement.
- Full length fiberglass sleeving
- Ground Wire
- Ceramic Terminal Covers
- Standard NEMA Plugs
- Built-in Thermocouple
Recommended Max. Watt Density for 1-1/2" Wide Mighty-Tuff Band Heaters
- Cycled moderately.
- Tightly clamped on a smooth surface.
- For units over 2" in width, multiply watt density by 0.8.
- Where insulating blankets are used, multiply watt density by 0.7.
- See the technical section for estimating watt density.
- Minimum width: 1"
- Maximum width: 6".
- Standard gap: 1/4" - 1" depending upon I.D.
ProductsHeaters Sensors Temp. Controls Controls & Relays Heat Trace Cold Weather Wire Accessories Insulation Pressure Relief Slide Products
ServicesCredit Application Order Tracking Delivery Programs Stocking Programs R.M.A. Request Catalog Request Custom Quick
CompanyAbout Testimonials Legal & Copyright Blog
SupportContact Account Managers FAQ Technical Information Instructional Videos Helpful Links Downloads Line Card
Popular ProductsChromalox Heaters Watlow Heaters Watlow EZ-ZONE® Watlow F4T
Proheat is an authorized distributor of Chromalox and Watlow heater products.
© 2021 Proheat, Inc.