Constant Wattage Heat Trace Cable
CWM Constant Wattage Medium Temperature
Using a single power point, you can easily configure and install a heat tracing system as short as several feet or as long as 780 feet right in the field. System design only requires that you match the CWM cable thermal output to the heat loss of your piping system. CWM is flexible at most ambient tempera tures and can be wrapped around piping and complex fittings. It is rugged, easy to monitor and maintain temperature, and has zero inrush at start-up. With 392F (200C) fluoropolymer electrical insulation over- jacketing, CWM has outstanding electrical and thermal properties, and is well suited for most chemically hostile environments. An extensive range of wattages and voltages are available immediately from Chromalox stock.
- Uniform Thermal Output
- Accurate, Easy to Control and Monitor
- Low Energy Cost
- No Inrush at Any Ambient
- Industrial/Process and Commercial/Construction Applications
- Flexible to Most Any Configuration
- Fluoropolymer Jacket
- Maximum Exposure Temperature, Power Off, 392F (200C)
- Steam Cleanable on Process Equipment Up to 190 PSIG (Power Off)
- 4, 8 and 12 W/Ft.
- 120, 208 - 277 and 480 Volt From Stock
- Durable, non-aging fluoropolymer jacket ensures long service life and can be used in most hostile environments.
- Flexible, easy to install on most equipment and delivers long-term reliable performance.
- No Inrush current.
- Accurate temperature, reliable electric heat that can be consistently controlled and easily monitored.
- Safe and rugged.
- Parallel circuitry allows cut-to-length.
- High performance, rated to withstand up to 392F saturated steam (190 psig) temperature (power off).
- Low profile, uses standard size thermal insulation on piping and process equipment.
Twin 12 AWG Copper Buss Wires
Provide reliable, consistent electrical current.
FEP Insulation Jacket
Electrically insulates buss wires.
Secures two buss wires together and provides wrapping surface for Nichrome wire.
Nickel Chromium Wire
Heating component of the cable.
Rugged outer sheath protects heating cable, assures longer service life, and provides protection against environmental application hazards.
Tinned Copper Braid
Plated copper braid increases robust construction, provides ground path and provides additional protection in any location. Suffix "C" in model number.
FEP Overjacket (optional)
Fluoropolymer overjacket, over the braid, provides protection from most aqueous and chemically corrosive solutions. Suffix "T" in model number.
MI Mineral Insulated High Temperature
Chromalox MI mineral insulated heating cables provide rugged and reliable heat tracing for a variety of demanding applications. The high nickel alloy sheath, magnesium oxide dielectric insulation and resistance wire construction allow the tracing of equipment up to 900F maintenance temperatures and excellent resistance to many corrosive environments. At lower temperatures, watt densities of up to 50 W/Ft can be designed. Please contact factory for cable maintence temperature above 400°F.
- Constant Wattage Series Resistance Heating Cable Sets
- Process Temperature Maintenance to 900F
- Maximum Exposure Temperature (Power Off) 1100F
- Wattages up to 50 W/Ft.
- Corrosion Resistant, Alloy 825 Sheath
- Factory Assembled Cable Sets—Ready for Installation
- Fully Annealed Sheath allows Field Bending
- Suitable for Hazardous Areas, Div. 1 and Div. 2
- Tank Heating
- High Temperature Process Maintenance
- Long, Single Circuit Runs
- Cryogenic Applications
- Freeze Protection
- Industrial Grade, 14 gauge buss wire has higher current capacity, allowing longer circuit lengths up to 780 feet.
- Superior matrix to buss wire bonding ensures overall operating integrity and performance.
- High output, 20 W/Ft. heating cable.
- All ratings are available from stock.
Metal Sheath: High nickel content Alloy 825 is used for all heating cables and cold leads. Alloy 825 is recognized for its use in high temperature applications, and use in many corrosive environments. This alloy has excellent resistance to pitting, chloride-stress, acid, and alkali corrosion.
B. MgO: Highly compacted Magnesium Oxide provides insulation of the resistance wire for voltages up to 600V. Completely sealed sheath protects the MgO from moisture & contamination.
C. Resistance Wire: A large number of available resistances enables the design of a large range of lengths and wattages.
D. Cold-Lead (Not shown above): Non-heating Alloy 825 sheathed MI cable extends the leads away from the high temperature equipment. 7 ft. long is standard.
E. Gland Fitting (Not shown above): Every set includes one or two 1/2" NPT fittings for connection to a junction box. The number of fittings depends on the configuration of the cable set (i.e. single-end or double-end).
ProductsHeaters Sensors Temp. Controls Controls & Relays Heat Trace Cold Weather Wire Accessories Insulation Pressure Relief Slide Products
ServicesCredit Application Order Tracking Delivery Programs Stocking Programs R.M.A. Request Catalog Request Custom Quick
CompanyAbout Testimonials Legal & Copyright Blog
SupportContact Account Managers FAQ Technical Information Instructional Videos Helpful Links Downloads Line Card
Popular ProductsChromalox Heaters Watlow Heaters Watlow EZ-ZONE® Watlow F4T
Proheat is an authorized distributor of Chromalox and Watlow heater products.Band Heaters Cartridge Heaters Strip Heaters Tubular Heaters Immersion Heaters
© 2022 Proheat, Inc.